Friday 8 November 2013

Great wines and discoveries



On my recent wine tasting trip in October to the Southern Rhone, France, I had the good fortune to taste some sensational wines and discover some new growers too. Here are the ones which particularly impressed me and which I have written about or will be writing about over the coming weeks.

·         Gourt de Mautens, Rasteau
·         Marcel Richaud, Cairanne
·         Domaine des Anges, Mormoiron, Ventoux
·         Clos de Joncuas, Gigondas
·         Domaine de Pesquier, Gigondas
·         Santa Duc, Gigondas
·         Chante Cigale, Chateauneuf-du-Pape
·         Sénéchaux, Chateauneuf-du-Pape
·         Domaine Trévallon, St-Etienne-du-Gres, Provence

My fellow tasters, besides the growers, were Alun Griffiths MW, Will Bentley (of Bentley’s of Ludlow Wine Merchants) and Julian Rimmer (raconteur, trader and very witty writer).

No comments:

Post a Comment